I usually tend to make this when there’s leftover bacon in the fridge from our weekend fry up. This dish can be whipped up in less than 20 minutes. Absolutely perfect for a midweek meal. Here’s my take on this Italian classic.
Serves 2-3 (depending on how hungry you are)
What you’ll need:
3-4 rashers of bacon (diced)
2 cloves garlic (finely chopped)
1 tbsp. butter
1 tbsp. olive oil
80g parmesan cheese (grated)
3 eggs ( 2 with egg whites removed)
Salt and pepper
1) Bring a pot of water to the boil, splash a bit of olive oil and sprinkle with a pinch of salt before throwing the spaghetti in.
2) While the spaghetti is kooking away, mix up the eggs along with the parmesan cheese then add salt and pepper. Set aside.
3) Heat up a pan, drop the butter in and fry up the bacon along with the garlic for about 5 mins until the bacon is crisp then lower the heat.
4) When the pasta is ready, strain the pasta in a colander and place into the bacon pan.
5) Remove the pan and spaghetti from the heat, quickly pour in the egg and cheese mixture, and mix in with the pasta using tongs or a fork, making sure it doesn’t scramble.
6) Once all the spaghetti is coated, serve immediately into a bowl with a good sprinkling of parmesan cheese and some freshly cracked pepper.
Time to eat up. Enjoy!